Spicy Cheesy Sausage Dip
This dip is cheesy, spicy, meaty, and perfect for pairing with salty O Organics® tortilla chips!
Total cook time
- 2 jalapeños
- 1-pound Signature SELECT™ Pork Sausage Roll Italian Style
- ½ medium yellow onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces O Organics® Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup O Organics® Half-And-Half
- 8 ounces O Organics® Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato, divided
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- O Organics® Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips, for serving
Cut 2 thin slices from a jalapeño and set aside, then mince the rest.
Heat a medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Signature SELECT™ Pork Sausage Roll Italian Style and cook, breaking up into small pieces, until browned, 5-6 minutes. Drain any excess grease.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, minced jalapeños, salt, and cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted, then add the half-and-half and O Organics® Mexican Shredded Cheese and continue to cook for 4–6 minutes, or until creamy and melted together, then add ¾ cup chopped tomatoes and cook for another 1–2 minutes, until heated through.
Top with the remaining ¼ cup chopped tomatoes, green onions, sliced jalapeño, and serve with O Organics® Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips for dipping.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.