Quinoa Garden Salad
This is a wonderful entrée salad that you can make ahead of time so it’s ready when you are!
Total cook time
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry), quinoa can be cooked in a rice cooker just like rice
- 1/8 cup chopped green onions (white and part green)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted (sunflower seeds or other nuts can be used)
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 2 cups shredded or diced roasted chicken (skinless)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite bottled vinaigrette salad dressing
Add broccoli to microwave-safe dish and cook until just tender (about 2 minutes). Add broccoli to large bowl and stir in cooked quinoa, green onions, dried cranberries, walnuts, shredded kale, and chicken.
Drizzle vinaigrette over the top and toss to blend everything.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.