Nachos just got even better! Make your snacking totally mess-free with these Nacho Sticks, featuring corn tortilla chips, parmesan cheese, cumin, chili powder, lime zest, mozzarella cheese and salsa for dipping. Perfect for game day or easy after school snacking, this appetizer will be a crowd-pleaser!
Total cook time
- 1/2 cup finely-ground Signature SELECT® restaurant style corn tortilla chip crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely-ground white or yellow corn chip crumbs (about 16 chips)
- 3 Tbs Signature SELECT® all-purpose flour
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3 Tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- zest of 1 lime
- 12 mozzarella string cheese sticks (halved crosswise)
- 1 1/4 cups Signature SELECT® medium salsa
Preheat oven to 425º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Add chips to food processor and pulse into semi-coarse crumbs. In three separate shallow dishes, place the flour in one and the egg in the second. In the final bowl mix to combine the tortilla chip crumbs, parmesan cheese, cumin, chili powder and lime zest.
Dip the mozzarella stick in the flour, then the egg and finally the crumb mixture, covering all sides. Repeat with remaining mozzarella sticks.
Bake for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and let pan cool on a baking rack for 2 minutes. Serve immediately with salsa.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.