Avocado Bowl with Spring Quinoa Salad
Try our charming Avocado Bowl with Spring Quinoa Salad as a snack or a meal. Best thing about this enticing entrée? It’s guilt-free. Mixed nuts add crunch and cranberries create tartness. Serve this yummy salad using half an avocado as a bowl.
Total cook time
- 1 cup cooked O Organics® quinoa
- 1/4 cup The Snack Artist® mixed nuts
- 2 Tbs dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame (lightly cooked in microwave)
- 1 green onion (white and part of green, chopped (about 2 tablespoons))
- 1 Tbs O Organics® extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp flavored or regular balsamic vinegar (raspberry works well)
- 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 avocados, sliced in half, pits removed (keep or remove the peel as desired)
In medium bowl, toss together quinoa, nuts, cranberries, edamame and green onion. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir the mixture to blend everything well.
Spoon about half a cup of the mixture into each avocado half. Garnish with herbs or raspberries if desired and serve!
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.