Lunch time supplies
For the lunchbox
Deli meats & cheeses
Ready made lunches
Lunch box must haves
Snacks on the go
Fun & easy lunch ideas
Build the perfect lunch box
Back-to-school season is here, and Tom Thumb has the fresh, delicious foods you need to pack easy, fun and yummy lunches. Try these kid-friendly ideas:
- Pack finger foods. To fit more brain-fueling foods into your child’s lunchbox, cut fruits and veggies into bite-sized pieces and try mini sandwiches. You’ll also leave room for more variety.
- Use cookie cutters. Shape up a simple sandwich for added visual appeal to make lunch more exciting. You can even spruce up veggie and cheese slices.
- Balance food groups & fun. Offer fresh options you know they’ll love. Aim to include proteins, fruits, vegetables, dairy and whole grains (barring food allergies) while finding their favorites.
- Include color. Cherry tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, baby carrots, sliced cucumber and blueberries make a rainbow of goodies and create visual interest for kids of all ages.
- Dig into dips. Fill small containers with hummus, yogurt dips or nut butters to make veggies and fruits more appealing to picky eaters.
- Remember to hydrate. Don’t forget to send your kiddo to school with a water bottle! You can also include a juice box or single-serve milk in their lunchbox.
Shop all these items and more online or in-store at Tom Thumb for fresh, high-quality kid’s favorites, all in one place.
Quick breakfast ideas
Weeknight dinners in a pinch
Fast dinner ideas
Explore more back-to-school
Shop for Back-to-School Supplies
Looking for quality, affordable back-to-school supplies? Shop our excellent, all-ages selection while you pick up new lunch ideas for kids.
Back-to-school shopping is one of the most exciting times of the year. Getting ready for the classroom means children are eager to see old friends, make new ones, and meet their teachers, too. Parents are counting the moments, too — after all, it's been a long summer, and everyone's ready to get back into the regular school routine. Find what you need to ensure a great transition from summer to school with crayons, pads of paper, glue bottles, and more. Whatever you need for school supplies, we've got you covered.
We've also got everything on your back-to-school grocery list, from back-to-school food to school snack ideas. Don't forget to make that first day of school extra special with our kids' school lunch ideas. Browse our deli and bakery sections for the delicious sandwich ingredients, then grab some juice boxes and cookies. While you're at it, check out the school snacks that make afterschool and school lunches so easy. You'll find the best back-to-school deals at your local neighborhood grocery store.