Cook time: 30 mins
- Four 6-ounce rib-eye steaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 green onions, white part only, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup Imagery Cabernet wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon cold butter, cut in half
- Rub steaks lightly with thyme, salt and pepper. Cover the steaks and set them aside on the counter, bringing them close to room temperature.
- Pre-heat a gas grill on high.
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions to the skillet and sauté for 6-10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. Slowly pour in the Imagery wine and cook it down until liquid is reduced by half. Add the Worcestershire sauce and remove the sauce from the heat. Set it aside while grilling the steaks.
- Sear the steaks for 5 minutes on each side. Move the steaks to a cooler section of the grill or lower the heat and continue to cook until they are about 140 degrees in the center (medium), about 2-3 minutes.
- Move steaks to a plate and cover for 5-7 minutes.
- While you wait, reheat the mushrooms and add any juices from the steaks to the sauce. Once the sauce is warm, whisk in one piece of butter at a time until each is completely incorporated into the sauce. Season the sauce with fresh pepper to taste.
- Top each steak with sauce and serve immediately with a glass of Imagery Cabernet.