Make this unique sushi roll with a southern twist to bring together a daring flavor combination of a classic Japanese dish with a hearty country breakfast!
Total cook time
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 sheets nori, cut in half
- 2 cups prepared sushi rice (recipe below)
- 3 ounces beef jerky, in choice of flavor, very finely shredded
- 1 cup pea shoots or watercress
- 1 avocado, diced
- Sriracha, soy and/or wasabi for serving
Set a non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray.
Pour in the eggs and let them set until firm.
Slide the omelet out of the pan, let it cool slightly and then cut it into thin slices.
To assemble hand rolls, simply layer ingredients atop a piece of nori, starting with rice and building your roll as desired.
Roll the nori into a cone, top with sriracha, soy and/or wasabi, as desired, and eat!
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.